Famicom / Nintendo Entertainment System
From Retro Modding Wiki
(Redirected from Famicom)
Best Possible Connection
- S-video (Famicom Titler)
- Composite (Famicom AV, Twin Famicom and front loader)
- RF (Famicom and top loader)
- RGB (analog)
- HDMI (digital)
Known issues and quirks
The NES is known to have somewhat unstable sync. Fortunately, Marqs (creator of the OSSC) has developed a fix for the jitter. The fix also applies to the SNES.
- NES disassembly guide.
- Dejitter board fixes sync issues.
- NESRGB adds composite (for Famicom and toploader), s-video, and RGB output to the NES. Can also swap between palettes.
- Hi-def NES adds HDMI output to the NES. Also adds several scaling and post-processing options.
Links to schematics and circuit diagrams.