From Retro Modding Wiki
- Quartus II Programmer (exe) - useful program for programming via JTAG connection with a USB blaster.
- Lunar IPS - can create and apply IPS patches to ROM files, usually used to apply language patches.
- uCON64 - used for reading the information about ROM files
- famiROM - used to split NES ROMs to the appropriate CHR and PRG files for burning to chips.
- Lunar Expand - used to expand SNES ROMs to fill specific chip sizes.
- IpsAndSum - used to recalculate and update checksums for SNES ROMs. Particularly useful for getting hacks and translations to show a "good" checksum after patching.
- SNES Rom Utility (Wasabi) - used to convert ROM files to usable BIN files for burning to chips. Can also remove headers and split files for spreading to multiple chips.
- StripSNES - used to remove or add headers to SNES ROM files, useful if the file cannot be opened by SNES Rom Utility.